skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Audience Considerations
The audience for Kyle's site will mostly be friends and family, and maybe some professors, potential employers, and potential customers. Given that, I think the navigation topics of bio, contact, photos, resume, and sketches are appropriate. I will have a link to the honors option site, which is a portfolio for his kidswear collection. Because the audience members will be interested in different topics (the employer might want to look at his resume, sketches, and contact info, but the friend might want to read everything), I think it's best for this site that I make the navigation based on content, as opposed to based on user relationship. If the family member doesn't click on "employers", I don't want them to miss Kyle's resume.
If I had to design for audiences, though, I would put his resume, design philosophy, bio, and contact information under a navigation topic like "employers" or "Kyle data" or something. I would put photos and sketches under a heading like "eye candy", and put his design philosophy and a link to his kidswear collection portfolio site under a heading like "customers" or something.
The website audience can be divided into many categories:
- Friends // Family // Employers // Customers
- Those who care about Kyle // Those who mostly care about Kyle's work
- Potential bosses // potential clients // people Kyle doesn't need to impress
- Moms who might buy kidswear from Kyle // people who will buy nothing // potential employers // professors
No comments:
Post a Comment