Sites whose design I love:
CentralScrutinizer.it — Love the typography, fonts, main navigation, right column "accessory" elements, embedded videos and music players, and the blog title header font colors that change from post to post.
Boompa.ca — Love the stacked water color pages look. I think they did it with CSS modifications to the HTML body tag, and then they added nested divs with different backgrounds for each column and elements. Check out their style sheet. I don't know how they did the effect where when the user puts their mouse over "Search", the search bar drops below it, and when the user mouses over "Find News by Artist" more sub-nav drops down from there, and disappears when the user removes their mouse. I would really like to figure out how to do that. Especially since it's all text, which means I could use that kind of effect for my honors option site.
The Mystery of 2010 — Love the navigation! Their style sheet shows that they placed their elements using ids and absolute pixel positions. Is that practice compatible with all browsers? Also, the moving background, though super cool, is kind of distracting. But I still love it.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Loves it
Labels:
color,
colors,
css,
design,
final project,
honors option,
kyle,
navigation,
typography,
web design,
web traffic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment