Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bethany: Learn to use a computer

I've learned a lot about typography throughout this semester and reading random pages about web design online. I've linked a lot of typography tools and articles throughout this blog, so hit up the "typography" tag below this post.

I definitely went crazy during module four. After working on my site on my laptop, here in 317, and on a couple writing center laptops, I had much older version of the web pages on my laptop. When I synced my laptop with my AFS space through an FTP server, via Dreamweaver, Dreamweaver uploaded the old version of my site. It did this THREE TIMES. I still don't know what I did wrong, only that the correct answer to "Update links?" is "HELL NO." I ended up having to redo about four and a half hours of work. During the final four game. Woot woot.

There was one part of my site that I could not figure out how to re-make. I had a border on the left side of a div, which had text in it, and before one of the three retro-uploads, the line was right next to the text. After Dreamweaver got real cool and intuitive, I couldn't re-make that border. The line was about 200px to the left of the text. I really want that line back!! Padding and margin for the div (and the div next to it) are set at zero. I really have no clue how to fix it. Help?

When doing my write-up for module 4, after I made the web pages, came up with more than a handful of things I want to change on the sites. The things I want to fix are mostly for ease of viewing and cross-browser compatibility (which are very important things). I mixed pixel and percentage values in my style sheets, and all of the text on the resume page is too small. I want to fix those things, at the very least, before the page is published.

No comments:

Post a Comment