Tuesday, April 28, 2009

In class: final thoughts

The most beneficial assignment for me was an in-class assignment before module four where we had to create three different pages using the same (X)HTML and create three different style sheets.

I created these:The assignment allowed me to research explore different selectors and properties in CSS, and see the resultant effects of each line of code. I didn't know anything about CSS before this class,
and this mini-assignment really helped me learn quickly how to use style sheets and how effective CSS can be.

The purpose of a web author is to create and maintain a site that effectively conveys the content, message, and sentiment that the client wants the site to convey. I would say that the duties of a web author include:
  • Branding
  • Graphic creation
  • Marketing
  • Timely updates
  • Making sure that the website is entirely functional at all times, in all [most ;)] browsers [curse you, backwards compatibility!]
  • Coding
  • Proof-reading content (including images, layout, and text)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear you took away a lot from the course and feel it will benefit your personal goals!

    ReplyDelete