Thursday, April 9, 2009

Photoshop Eye Editing

Awesome Eyes In Photoshop, a tutorial on YouTube.com presented by PhotoshopTalent.com teaches how to use the pen tool, dodge tool, burn tool, and sponge. I never really understood what those tools did or how to use them, so this was a very helpful tutorial for me.

In Photoshop, if you go to Image --> Adjustments --> Curves you can brighten a blue eye by selecting the blue channel and raising the curve.

I think this tutorial will come in handy. I've had to try to remedy red eyes many times before, but I usually suck at it. I usually try to replace the pupil by using the brush tool to make a new pupil, but the narrator selects the pupil area and deletes it, after making sure that the background color is black. He then goes back and adds the white eye-reflection mark. Duh! I felt so stupid after I saw that.

1 comment:

  1. Getting rid of red eye and the flash eye thingie is highly important. Especially when helping family members with photo projects.

    ReplyDelete