MSU's Angel and I have a love-hate relationship. I love the accessibility of resources, syllabuses, ability to contact classmates, and taking online quizzes. However, I think the interface could be worked on. It's very simplistic, almost to the point of being primal: very small text boxes in which to input huge papers, only one set of generic headings with no sub-headings, and my least favorite aspect of Angel is that when I'm typing in a text box to submit something to a professor, it doesn't periodically save my work, a la Gmail. I definitely lost a finished assignment by navigating away from the page accidentally in class the other day. Gmail saves your email drafts as you work on them. I think this is a relatively easily implimentable feature that would save students and professors a lot of time and grief.
Worse than Angel, though, is Lon-Capa. It's interface, navigation, and organization are equally bad, but the site is inconcievably slow. This is extremely frustrating when you're completing homework against a deadline, and the page won't even load the question or check your answer.
I'm so glad I don't have CAPA homework this semester. College of Nursing: look at me now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I cannot imagine working for the ANGEL staff and attempting to meet all the user needs. I have many complaints too though some aspects are nice. It is strange that some of the features we, as users, get used to from other places like Gmail or Facebook just don't get placed within other areas.
ReplyDelete