So, I went on to Angel and checked out some of the "Helpful Design Resources" under "Materials", mostly just for fun. I really like the Color Scheme Generator 2. I have another blog (that I rarely use), and I've always wanted to make it pink, but not so pink that any time a guy goes to the site he feels like he has to close the window, or else his masculinity is in question. Don't get me wrong: this scheme is cute, but what guy is going to want to stay on that page for more than, oh, three seconds? This scheme is so bright and girly, and I love it! But: same problem.
The male-accessible pink page is my goal this semester.
Also, I found this gadget, which is essentially a hex-to-RGB translator, but can also be used to find the exact hex code (or RGB values) of a color you want.
This page is kind of EPIC because it lets you take any image that you like the colors in, and it provides swatches and hex codes for the main colors in the image. Conversely, this site lets you pick colors via a swatch on the right hand side, and finds images on Flickr that have your selected colors in them. Fantastic.
Alright, I've spent way more than five minutes on this. I'm listening to M.I.A. and mentally determining appropriate color schemes for her music videos. Time to purge my mind of color and get workin' on my other homework.
The male-accessible pink page is my goal this semester.
Also, I found this gadget, which is essentially a hex-to-RGB translator, but can also be used to find the exact hex code (or RGB values) of a color you want.
This page is kind of EPIC because it lets you take any image that you like the colors in, and it provides swatches and hex codes for the main colors in the image. Conversely, this site lets you pick colors via a swatch on the right hand side, and finds images on Flickr that have your selected colors in them. Fantastic.
Alright, I've spent way more than five minutes on this. I'm listening to M.I.A. and mentally determining appropriate color schemes for her music videos. Time to purge my mind of color and get workin' on my other homework.
You can custom-change your color scheme and your font choices under the "Layout" tab in Blogger.
ReplyDeleteYou better believe I did. Do you find it unappealing?
ReplyDelete