Friday, January 23, 2009

Reincarnation?

For my WRA 395 class, Writing Center Theory, I had to create an avatar for myself on Second Life. For those of you unfamiliar with this software, it's essentially an expansive online environment, like a PC game like World of Warcraft, only people just have their characters just hang out and go to virtual concerts and... essentially have a second life. I think, although I haven't gotten to use the software yet because my video card is messed up, that that is an awesome way to hold class, conferences, meetings, and communicate with others. Like any other cyberspace, there are bad guys and spam and viruses, but they are easily avoidable. My professor wants to hold class in Second Life one day of the two that we meet each week. Provided I can get my video card fixed, I'm all for it. I love online learning, especially in the winter. Granted, for some classes, it just wouldn't work, but for this discussion-based class, I think it's great.

Way to go, gamers.

1 comment:

  1. It be great if your prof entered the virtual classroom and was just like "FIRST!"


    Speaking of which, as far as comments on this post go, FIRST!

    ReplyDelete