Google just introduced new software yesterday that allows users to turn on an application on their cell phone, and Google will share the user's whereabouts with family and friends on a map. The new software, called "Latitude" updates the users location and then shares the user's location with their Latitude friends on a map. Users can see where their friends are in order to meet up, or to stalk them.
The implications for this are frightening. This seems like the next step in our government's progression toward 1984-style Big Brother monitoring.
If you reduce my language, Big Brother, I will cut you. This is double un-good.
How much technology is too much?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What is funny is someone has already sent me a request to view their latitude, but I have yet to do anything with it because I found it a bit, well, as you said, creepy.
ReplyDelete