Thursday, February 19, 2009

Generators

When web authors/designers create generators, it would be helpful if they described what factors lead to the end product. I've come across a few in the past few days, and I wonder if the code just generates a random product, or if inputted factors affect the output.

On that note, this Color Name Generator
comes up with what I assume to be random could-be color names from a never-updated list. So if you're not feeling linguistically creative when coming up with color palettes on ColourLovers.com, this site can help you out in naming your palette, if you want to actually utilize the palette in future designs.

1 comment:

  1. That is an interesting question. I am not sure if I have seen any articles about the process of constructing a web generator. Would be neat to see though what was their methods of making the system work. I know some allow you to input values it then constructs for you though.

    ReplyDelete